If there is an ongoing case and you as a Compliance Officers need to set a specific Expunge time for some emails, we suggest you to use Retention Tags.
Once you log in as a Compliance Officer, head over to the Retention section. There, you will see a table with all Retention Tags, in case there are any. All Retention Tags are shared between the Compliance Officers within your organization. The table consists of the following columns:
- Tag Color – you can change the color directly from the table by clicking the arrow and choosing a new color in the color picker popup
- Tag Name – the actual name of the tag
- Tagged Emails – the total number of emails tagged with the Tag (link to the Search Results with this Tag preselected)
- Expunge Time – presents the value set when the Tag was created
- Search Term – the Search term based on which the emails will be tagged
- Date Created – the date when the Tag was created
- Created By – the email of the person who created the Tag
- Actions – Edit and Delete action
You can sort all the columns except for the Search Term and Actions. Initially, Retention Tags are presented in alphabetical order. There is also standard pagination (set to 50 by default), but you can also present 10, 25 and 100 items on a page.
Creating a Retention Tag
To create a Retention Tag:
- Log into your Jatheon Account
- Head over to the Retention section
- Click the New Retention Tag button
- A slide-out will appear presenting the following fields:
- Tag Name (max 30 characters)
- Tag Description (max 200 characters) – optional
- Tag Color (set to red by default) – click the down arrow to open a color picker
- Expunge Time – options are Indefinitely, Monthly (1-11), Yearly (1-20)
- Date Range – the fields that refer to the actual email sending dates
- Retention Search Term – the Search term based on which the future emails will automatically be tagged with this Retention Tag
There is also another way of creating Retention Tags, by performing the Advanced Search and clicking on the Create Retention Tag icon.
Once you click on it, you will be presented with the pop-up window where you need to enter the Tag Name, choose the Tag Color and set up the Expunge Time (set to Indefinitely by default).
Editing a Retention Tag
To edit a Retention Tag, hover over a Tag's row. The Edit option will show up. Once you click on it, a slide-out form will show up, where you can edit the information about this Retention Tag. Note: You will not be able to edit the Search Term or Date range.
Once you are done editing, you can either save the changes by clicking the Save button (a toast notification will appear to let you know you've done it) or cancel the action by clicking the Cancel button. You can also delete the Retention Tag by clicking the Delete option.
Deleting a Retention Tag
You can find the Delete option under the More menu button (look for the '𝌀' symbol). Click on it, and a confirmation pop-up will appear, asking you to confirm the deletion since the Retention Tag will be removed from all the emails where it was previously applied.
Note: For now, Retention Tags are not applied retroactively, but are applied automatically only to the emails that are processed from the moment of their creation onwards.